Description: New Hampshire Housing is recruiting for a Program Manager for one of its important single family mortgage programs. Strong mortgage knowledge and experience is required for this busy, hands-on program manager. As a member of our Homeownership team, this program manager will be responsible for the daily management and administration of the Participating Originator (PO) program. Establishing and implementing procedures for running the program and performing statistical and financial reviews to ensure its effective operations are key responsibilities as well as performing the actual underwriting and making final credit decisions on the mortgage files. As program manager, you will establish, track and report on performance metrics of the program, including timing of loan processing and pipeline management. Responsibilities will also include marketing the PO program, approving loans and overseeing the intake, processing, and closing of PO mortgage file.
Successful candidates will have a thorough knowledge of mortgage programs as well as experience in all aspects of mortgage lending including FHA, RD and Fannie Mae products, loan origination and loan processing and will be able to obtain a HUD Direct Endorsement CHUMS ID number. Strong ability to relate well to the general public, maintain mental flexibility and positive attitude, and make timely decisions are critical competencies for this position.
Our strong benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits as well as a 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan, a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, tuition reimbursement, and many voluntary benefit options.
Help us make a difference in people’s lives and consider joining New Hampshire Housing’s team – we bring people home!
Please reply to:
Patricia M. Donahue
Managing Director, Administration/HR
New Hampshire Housing
(603) 310-9206 d
(603) 472-8623 o
Job Title: Condominium Project Department Manager
Link to our posting on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/699952/jobs/
Manage the Residential Mortgage Services internal condominium review department relative to FNMA, FHA, VA and state housing authority approval guidelines.
- Serve as condominium subject matter expert and be available to answer related questions from RMS employees and external partners
- Maintain current awareness of investor and compliance guidelines and communicate changes to RMS staff
- Conduct training on RMS condominium approval requirements for new and existing employees
- Work with internal resources and project representatives to troubleshoot project deficiencies.
- Maintain all workflow, policies, forms and reference documents in conjunction with the Document Administration department
- Collaborate with other functional business managers to create improvements to process flow and increased profitability
- Clear any post-closing deficiencies or quality control findings related to the condominium review process or the project itself
- Other job duties as requested by RMS.
- Maintain current awareness and understanding of all regulatory compliance responsibilities of the position. Ensure that own work, as well as work of any employees supervised, is in compliance with all applicable laws, regulation, policies and guidelines.
- Ensure proper safeguarding of confidential and proprietary information of consumers and other protected information under the Company’s Information Security Policy.
- Ensure compliance with the Document Integrity Policy, including: (1) preventing the misleading alteration of documents (e.g., use of white-out, selective copying); (2) not providing pre-dated documents for signature; (3) not requiring consumers to sign documents that have not been completed; and (4) scrutinizing documents presented to the incumbent for completeness and authenticity.
- Unless properly licensed under the SAFE Act or applicable state laws, and the duties of the position so require, the incumbent will not perform such tasks as taking mortgage applications, offering or negotiating rates or terms of a mortgage loan with the consumer, soliciting, arranging or finding mortgage loans, or counseling consumers about residential mortgage loan rates or terms, as those actions may be defined by applicable laws and regulations.
Minimum Requirements (including licenses, registrations and certifications)
- Ability to accurately document the review process, verify/confirm information provided by project developers, sponsors, Homeowners’ Associations, Cooperative Corporations, among others, and report the decisions.
- Good task management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills – able to understand complex documents
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal),
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Encompass and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to travel to various RMS locations for face to face meetings
Training and Experience:
- The successful candidate should have a four year college degree and a minimum of five years’ experience in the specialized knowledge and analysis of condominium and co-op project documentation, including but not limited to Master Declarations, Financial Statements, Budgets, Underlying mortgages, Insurance requirements, Reciprocal Easement Agreements, Leases, etc.
This position has proficiency with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/SharePoint and the Internet. Experience in using Encompass and automated underwriting systems (AUS) is a plus.
Americans With Disabilities Act Specifications / Essential Physical Functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Contact or above link to LinkedIn posting
|Senior Vice President/Human Resources
Residential Mortgage Services, Inc.
24 Christopher Toppi Drive | South Portland, ME 04106
|P 207-775-6105 | D 207-808-4055 | F 207-358-2322